Friday, August 31, 2018

Pride

This is one of the natures of Satan that we wrestle with (Ephesians 6:12).

Believer in Christ:  You are NOT pride.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
  
I cheat you of your God-given destiny…
because you demand your own way.
  
I cheat you of contentment…
because you “deserve better than this.”
I cheat you of knowledge…
because you already know it all.
I cheat you of healing…
because you are too full of you to forgive.
I cheat you of holiness…
because you refuse to admit when you are wrong.
I cheat you of vision…
because you’d rather look in the mirror than out a window.
I cheat you of genuine friendship…
because nobody’s going to know the real you.
I cheat you of love…
because real romance demands sacrifice.
I cheat you of greatness in heaven…
because you refuse to wash another’s feet on earth.
I cheat you of God’s glory…
because I convinced you to seek your own.
My name is Pride. I am a cheater.
You like me because you think I’m always looking out for you.
Untrue.
I’m looking to make a fool of you.
God has so much for you, I admit, but don’t worry…
If you stick with me you’ll never know.

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, I command for pride to depart from me, my family and our home and pray that God will fill that empty space with His holy spirit and humble me to my knees so that I can be a servant after God’s own heart.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment